Coaching Credential Requirements
In order for any individual to coach, the Crestline Exempted Village Board of Education and the Ohio High School Athletic Association requires the following:
(1) Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training - You need to watch the YouTube Video, Read the Informational Handout, and then complete the handout to confirm you have watched the video and received the informational handout regarding Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Athletics.
(2) CPR Training - To find the nearest location for CPR Training, click the link below.
(3) NFHS Online First Aid, Health, and Safety For Coaches (Also known as the Pupil Activity Validation Course). To go to the site, click the link below. Under "Select Your State", go to "Ohio" and you are ready to begin.
(4) Concussion Certification Online Training - Click the link below to go to the NFHS site and take the course of Concussions in Sports.
(5) Fundamentals of Coaching Online Training - To go to the site, click the link below. Under "Select Your State", go to "Ohio" and you are ready to begin.
(6) Fingerprints - You need to have fingerprints done at a Sheriff's Office and TELL THEM (some have had issues with this) you need the electronic FBI and BCI Fingerprints sent to Ohio Department of Education and a paper copy sent to: Crestline High School, c/o Mathew Wade (Athletic Director), 435 Oldfield Road, Crestline, Ohio 44827.
Crawford County Sheriff's Office
Address: 3613 Co Hwy 45, Bucyrus, OH 44820
Phone: (419) 563-2731
Richland County Sheriff's Office
Address: 597 Park Ave E, Mansfield, OH 44905
Phone: (419) 524-2412
(7) After completing the first six requirements above, you must create a Safe Account and fill out an application for a Pupil Activity Permit. To go to the Safe Account website, click the link below and follow the directions.
(8) The final step towards becoming a coach in the Crestline Exempted Village School District is to be approved by the Crestline Board of Education. After acceptance of a coaching job offer, your name will be submitted to the agenda for the next board meeting.
If you have questions about becoming certified as a coach, please contact Mathew Wade (Athletic Director) at 419-683-5391 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.